Friday, January 30, 2009

She's Here!

Kenzie Marie Cook was born at 8:38pm on Tuesday, Januaury 27th. She was a perfect 7 pounds 11 ounzes, 21 inches long, and pretty much the cutest baby girl EVER :) but don't worry we are not biased AT ALL...We are home and doing pretty well. We are enjoying our little Kenzie and the sweet spirit she is already bringing to our little apartment.

We went to the hospital on Tuesday morning and our doctor asked if we wanted to have the baby that day....how could we say no...that evening we had our first addition to our family. After the doctor broke my water and my contractions were actually progressing and getting HARDER I was more than willing to get the epideral...needless to say I was glad I did AND at least I know what contractions feel like (that's enough for me).

The doctor laid our baby on my stomach right afterwards while they were finishing up, I totally said that she was "really big!" and Derek got to cut the umbilical cord. I asked for a mirror to watch everything and Derek was brave and watched everything too. After it was all said and done that was probably the coolest thing that I have ever seen...and I think Derek agree's it was pretty cool.


Now that we are home we are able to relax and enjoy our little Kenzie. She loves laying on her Daddy's tummy for her tummy time and just sleeping by him on the couch while he plays Lego Star Wars. I am enjoying playing dress up...more than Kenzie enjoy's it :) Derek and I are going to give her her first bath tomorrow we will see how that goes, Derek gets to teach me because he got to watch the nurses clean her up while...


Everyday will bring new and exciting adventures. More updates and stories to come...


2 comments:

Linny said...

she's such a beauty!

Lisa said...

AHHHH she's such a cutie! Such a cutie that I just have to scream "AHHHHH!!"

Congrats!